Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar inbox crashes with iOS 8

Ever since I downloaded iOS 8 when I open my calendar and select Inbox, the application closes and takes me back to my iPhone desktop

Anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix for it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:46 AM

12 replies

Sep 24, 2014 6:22 AM in response to zx6er

Hello zx6er

If you are having issues with the Calendar app crashing on you, then the first thing I would try is closing the app first and then try again. You can close the app by double tapping the Home button and then swiping up to close it out completely. If it continues, then I would start to look at what accounts you have setup in Calendar and remove it to see if the issue persists. Then if it behaves correctly, just add it back in.

iOS: Force an app to close

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

Calendar settings

http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/#/iph3d11102c

Regards,

-Norm G.

Sep 24, 2014 6:45 AM in response to James McGee

I was able to resolve the issue by removing my Exchange account and re-adding it and dealing with the invites individually when they were received upon re-adding the account to the phone.

With the account removed I was able to access the inbox. When I re-added it, it started crashing again, but for a brief period I was able to see the invites that were in the inbox. I removed the account again and when I re-added the account, the notifications started popping up and I dealt with each individually (accept/decline/etc.). This removed the invites from the inbox. My guess is that one of the invites was causing the inbox heartburn.

May 23, 2015 5:19 PM in response to zx6er

Hi,

We also experienced this problem for a client where their inbox would crash on their Iphone (IOS8). The client was using Office 365 (Exchange) and we had determined through Outlook, that the client had an unaccepted appointment with a blank subject.

We could reproduce that if the subject matter was blank on an meeting invite/unaccepted appointment then it would crash the calendar on the iphone.

To solve we just added some text to the subject matter and the issue was resolved.

Hope that helps

calendar inbox crashes with iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.