Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost main iPhoto library

Hi folks,

I am an iMac running the latest version of Mavericks. I loaded up my iPhoto app this morning and my main library was not there and some older one was in its place. The problem is my main library has over 84,000 images and is gigs in size. My current library has a few images and is 153.7MB. Any idea on how I can find and restore my main library from either my iMac or Time Machine back up? Further, is there a way to look at all my iPhoto libraries on my Mac or TM back up and find the biggest one? That would be easiest.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:57 AM

5 replies

Sep 22, 2014 6:39 AM in response to Yer_Man

Ok Thanks. Will try that. Do you know, is there a way to view all iPhoto back ups in Time Machine? Otherwise, I will have to go back through months of back ups and keep checking each folder until I come across the large library back up. Any ideas on how to see all iPhoto back ups at once and then select the one that is largest?

Lost main iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.