Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange ActiveSync NOT working on Iphone 6?

I am having issues getting Exchange ActiveSync to work on multiple Iphone 6's in my office. All of the credentials are entered correctly, but the mail will not load.

1 employee set up his phone from an Itunes backup and Exchange seems to be working fine. Two employee's set up their phones from Icloud backups and those are the ones that are NOT working.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any recommendations for a solution?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 7:23 AM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2014 7:38 AM in response to jfblake23

I had a similar issue where my iPhone 6 connected fine to Exchange but my coworker's didn't. So I tried deleting the account resenting it up and other troubleshooting steps and none of it worked. So I searched around online and found this solution:

The issue was due to that user activating more than 10 devices on his Exchange ActiveSync account. So all I had to do to get his email working again was log into Exchange OWA and go to Options > See All Options > Phone. Once there you will see a list of devices that have been setup with that email account. The problem is, you can't have more than 10 different devices setup with Exchange, and every time you get a new phone or tablet it takes one of those activations. So to fix this problem, just delete some of the old devices from off the list.

This fixed the issue for me and mail started downloading fine on his new iPhone.

I hope this fixes your problem!

Exchange ActiveSync NOT working on Iphone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.