Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring is taking several days yet everything has been restored / downloaded.

Strange one..

I backed up my iPhone 5 running iOS8 on Friday via iCloud... I got my iPhone 6 the same day (minutes after my backup) and proceeded with restoring from the backup I just did. Today is now Monday and I'm still getting a message at the bottom of my locked screen saying "Restoring from iCloud Backup". I have checked and I have all my settings like they were, all my photos and videos have downloaded, all apps have downloaded yet I'm still getting this message.

Any ideas?

Obviously, I have used my phone since Friday and I have taken videos / pictures which I want to keep (also messages that I don't want to lose). What is the next step to get this resolved?

Like I said, strange one... over to you!

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 7:50 AM

7 replies

Sep 22, 2014 8:56 AM in response to burkey-92

I am having the exact same issue. I posted a similar message two days ago and didn't get a helpful response. I am hoping someone will help. I backed up my 64GB 5S running ios8 on Friday morning. Got my 128GB 6 plus and began the restore process. Had 25GB in the cloud and started Friday morning. As of right now my lock screen still says restoring from iCloud.

Sep 23, 2014 1:11 AM in response to burkey-92

Right, I've sorted it!

Connect to a reliable WiFi and turn off your phone. Turn it back on, enter passwords for SIM card and phone (if you set one) and when it loads up to the home page a message comes up asking to continue downloading backup or cancel. Tap continue and leave it within the WiFi zone to download. After 10 minutes it should of worked (mine did).

I think this all happened because when I started Restoring my iPhone from a backup i took it out of a WiFi zone several times and when I've took it back in the zone it's got confused or something. Anyway.. give this a try.

Sep 26, 2014 4:00 PM in response to burkey-92

Had similar problem - got iPhone 6 on Monday, still "restoring from iCloud backup" on Thursday. After reading several of these threads, a combination of possible solutions fixed it:

1) I restarted phone (not sure necessary, but did it)

2) synced phone to iTunes on Mac

3) after several issues (e.g., failure to initiate sync, transfer data, cancel sync), it finally took and I restarted phone

4) now I found several apps (some I'm certain I had deleted in past) back on phone with shaded icons, so I deleted some again and selected the ones I wanted to keep to start them downloading. Some downloaded, some froze, so I deleted the frozen ones out of frustration.

5) restarted phone again, and no more "restoring from iCloud backup" message.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I use iCloud Match, and upon checking SETTINGS>GENERAL>ABOUT, I found my number of songs (indicating only those downloaded to my iPhone) showing 103 vs. 5 as listed there before my sync to iTunes. So not sure if it was phantom apps or a iCloud Match issue, but something was hanging it up, and this fixed it.

Restoring is taking several days yet everything has been restored / downloaded.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.