Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install iTunes to my iMac version 10.5.8 but it is requiring 10.6.8.

Hello,

I am trying to install iTunes to my iMac. It is telling me that I need Mac OS version 10.6.8 but my system is saying I am up to date with the current 10.5.8 that I have. I can not install iTunes 11.4 until it is updated obviously. I deleted the previous version of iTunes so that I could reinstall for the newer version to be able to sync with my iPhone and iPad. I did not however empty my trash yet if that makes a difference. I drag and dropped it there from applications. How do I update my Mac to accommodate the iTunes? Please advise. Thank you!!

Ky

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 8:13 AM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2014 11:14 AM in response to kikiwi717

You likely are up to date with iTunes as far as your present operating system version goes, but since 10.5.8 is fairly old and your present iTunes is as far as you can go until you upgrade the operating system version (as Niel outlines). If you have newer i-gadgets requiring a newer iTunes version then you have no option but to upgrade your operating system software. Make sure you back up your computer first.

Install iTunes to my iMac version 10.5.8 but it is requiring 10.6.8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.