Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

with IOS8 safari does not show tool bar in safari - help

i just upgraded my iPad to iOS 8, now safari does not show tool bar, what do i need to do

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 9:22 AM

As of iOS 8, the tool bar auto-hides when you scroll down. Tap on the address bar, or scroll up to expose it.

13 replies

Sep 22, 2014 11:23 AM in response to Stolphenric

For software development, focus groups are worse than worthless. They are only good for marketing, if that.

If you mean the icons that appear on the screen if you do not have a tab open, this isn't new. They were there for 7 and possibly before. Not sure why this causes so much angst, but there is a workaround:

1. In Favorites or elsewhere in your bookmarks, create a folder ("Start Screen" for example, but it can be anything you want). Leave it empty.
  2. Open Settings App > Safari > Favorites and select the folder you created in 1 above.

If this isn't what you are looking for, perhaps you could provide a screen shot or more detailed explanation.

Dec 8, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Yogifrombellmoe

This "feature" of auto hiding the the tool bar is defiantly NOT useful to everyone using Apple products. It might be of use when using an old iPhone with a screen that is the size of a match box, but I have an iPad Pro. The screen is huge. Gaining an extra 7mm at the top of the screen is of no benefit to me, I get to see one extra line (if that) of text at the bottom of the screen. Losing the back button is an issue, as I WANT IT TO STOP DISSAPEARING, and do not need the the tiny little bit of extra space I gain when it's gone. Apple, remember, not all your devices have tiny tiny screens.

with IOS8 safari does not show tool bar in safari - help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.