Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Edit" Playlist Button Grayed Out After iOS 8 Update

Hi Everyone,

This is not a big issue--and I can certainly live without this feature, but, ever since updating to iOS 8 the button (labeled "Edit") that allows you to edit playlists is now grayed out and I can't click on it. The "clear" button is the same. The delete button is working.

I'm wondering if the iPhone somehow thinks my playlists are "Smart Playlists"?

I had a very difficult time with this update and ended up restoring my iPhone from scratch. It was a pain and I had to resync all of my playlists, so, perhaps my problem with the edit button is related to my iTunes library and not the iPhone?

Very confused.

Thanks for any input.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 10:59 AM

I am having the same issue and I've seen other similar questions posted on the community. This is a really big deal for me as I use my iPod for playlists for fitness classes I teach. My family has multiple Apple devices and all of them are the same. Edit is grayed out. I would greatly appreciate suggestions to try!

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iPod 5, iOS 8

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2014 10:59 AM in response to Daniel Stone2

I am having the same issue and I've seen other similar questions posted on the community. This is a really big deal for me as I use my iPod for playlists for fitness classes I teach. My family has multiple Apple devices and all of them are the same. Edit is grayed out. I would greatly appreciate suggestions to try!

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iPod 5, iOS 8

Sep 23, 2014 11:08 AM in response to dchaehnel

Same here, will likely have to wait for 8.0.1 (or later) to correct it. I've already tried Reset and Restore of my iPhone for other reasons, so don't bother trying to fix it this way. For now just give feedback ( be sure to include iOS 8 in your feedback since there is no option to select it as your OS):

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Sep 23, 2014 11:22 PM in response to Daniel Stone2

"Edit" is greyed for playlist inside folders but not for playlists with no folder. There is no way this is a feature. Has to be a bug. Apple has to fix this and I hope they do with iOS 8.0.1. In the meantime if you're desperate to edit your playlists take them out of the playlist folder. If someone else found another solution please share!

Sep 30, 2014 3:33 AM in response to Orest75

I've just uploaded iOS 8 and all my music is grey, I can't sync with Iphone 4s or even in manage some tracks go black then back to grey again. I did not have this problem before uploading upgrade. I wish I never did. What is happening Apple I have had your products for over 15 years and this has really put me out. Please can anyone help to get this to work.

Sep 30, 2014 3:35 AM in response to Orest75

I've just uploaded iOS 8 and all my music is grey, I can't sync with Iphone 4s or even in manage some tracks go black then back to grey again. I did not have this problem before uploading upgrade. I wish I never did. What is happening Apple I have had your products fro over 15 years and this has really but me out. Please can anyone help to get this to work.

Nov 13, 2014 10:16 AM in response to Daniel Stone2

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!! i too teach classes and need editing at my fingertips. among many classes i also teach our school district fitness class elementary program, and i found a k pop song that had a nig**word i missed it before when scanning for clean content (who thought koreans would need to use that word in a pop song especially all they have been through!) so i had to move it out of the playlist asap . kids shouldn't be exposed to this language from me, as i don't promote such crap and i should be able to move that right away so that is out of the way. same with other classes cant have muthua f** or Sh** or A$$ or what ever its gotta be clean, but sometimes i miss **** ya know so its gott move. APPLE WHAT THE #$%^@#%$&**#$@!!!!!!

THIS IS IMPORTANT. so i have folders and sub folders like spin folder then all my spin playlists under that. im not making a new friggen folder for every song playlist are yu kidding??? GGGGRRRR

thanks yall for posting here, it made me realize IM NOT the crazy here, APPLE is.

i fear apples demise coming round the bend. too bad twas good for a while.

Jan 10, 2015 3:40 AM in response to Oraclesse

Your comment is a bit ignorant and overboard. If you just took a little time to look up the lyrics to the Korean song you could have easily found out that they aren't saying what you think they are. What you're hearing is 내가 (naega) and/or 네가 (nega). 내가 (naega) and/or 네가 (nega) are the informal pronouns for "I" and "you" respectively.

"Edit" Playlist Button Grayed Out After iOS 8 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.