Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

handoff

Everyone seems to be having problems with using handoff. No one seems to realise that you need your Bluetooth on to do this. You don't need to connect , it does it itself. My iPad air and 5s run handoff perfectly. IIt only works when both devices have Bluetooth on. Calls made from ipad work fine too.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8, Handoff

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 9:48 AM

7 replies

Sep 26, 2014 10:14 AM in response to ScottyTyler36

Its still not working properly for me and I'm starting to feel really thick.

I've tried all the fixes out there and bluetooth is on on both iPad mini and iPhone 5s but when i start typing an email on my iPhone and then go to my iPad i either have no indication on the iPad on either the lock screen or the app switcher or when it does work (sort of) i get the icon and app switcher image but when i click on the document the info that i have already inputted fails to load?

Oct 17, 2014 4:53 AM in response to Alistair Potter

Same here, I have a late 2012 MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite and an iPhone 6 + in the "About this Mac" area it states that bluetooth handoff is supported but I can't get the two to connect. Bluetooth sees the iPhone and sends a pairing code but, the iPhone states that the Macbook Pro is not supported. What is going on? The greatest feature of OS X Yosemite is not working as promised BUZZKILL!!!

Oct 17, 2014 4:56 AM in response to svwilhelm

Funny Troubles....

I am running:

iMac 27'' late 2012

iPhone 5

iPad Air

The hand off is working in every device, all the phone calls are shown and can be answered in every device BUT, when using the continuity feature the thing is weird, if I open mail, pages... on my iPhone, it will show at the iMac and at the blocked screen of the iPad the pertinent icon, but if I open the same app on my iPad Air, or iMac it WILL NOT SHOW the icon at the blocked screen of the iPhone!

Any Ideas, please?

Oct 30, 2014 8:30 PM in response to jbrunerwa

A quick follow-up to my previous post. I've been checking the functionality of the new services daily and they are not working consistently. Primarily Hand-off (I have not seem problems with receiving/making phone calls or sending/receiving SMS messages via my MBP). Sometimes it will not work at all (either from MBP to iPhone or iPhone to MBP). Sometimes only one direction is working (usually from iPhone to MBP). Fiddling with turning on/off bluetooth on both devices some times gets things working or more recently turning on/off wifi on my MBP seems to do the trick. Once tt's working it seems to work for the rest of the day until the next day.

handoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.