Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slo-mo videos in regular speed on iPhone 6 after syncing with iPhoto

Hi, I took a bunch of slo-mo videos during my daughter's bday party with my iPhone 6 (upgraded from iPhone 5) and then imported them onto iPhoto on my MBP in the evening. My usual practice is to delete photos & videos from the iPhone after importing so that I can then selectively choose what gets synced back on with iPhoto albums while "Include videos" is checked. After syncing, I noticed that the slo-mo videos, which are still listed in the Slo-mo album on my iPhone (with the little slo-mo icon in the bottom left of each thumbnail as well), now only play in normal speed! In iPhoto, the videos still correctly play in slo-mo showing 240 fps in the info panel. Anyone have any ideas how I can restore the "slo-mo" when viewing on the iPhone 6? Very odd!

Thanks,

Frank

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 10:22 AM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2014 1:13 AM in response to bigcheese72

Hi. I don´t use Iphoto, but after trying too upload from the Facebook app, I found out that the video isn´t saved as a finished video. (you can still edit it)

I used the iMovie app to save the movie as new finished movie. Open iMovie , those video, select your video, click the share button i down right corner. Push create movie (I guess, mine is in danish) play the movie or not, push the back button, change the name or not, push the share button, save the the movie. Now I think the movie can be exported to iphone. It also can also be shared in the Facebook app i closed groups, so you don´t have to put in on your wall first.

Hope this helps 🙂

Maby there are other ways i don't know 😕

Oct 21, 2014 7:27 AM in response to bigcheese72

Looks like not only the slow motion effect is gone but all the adjustments and changes you do to your photos while they are in the iphone. Could somebody try to edit one photo in the iphone's camera / photo app.. then import the photos to your mac via iphoto or aperture and check if the changes or adjustments are lost during the import? Also are the adjustments still there after sync back to your iphone ? not in my case!

thanks in advance for any feedback!

Slo-mo videos in regular speed on iPhone 6 after syncing with iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.