Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari - Pages Not Loading

I am having a terrible time today. My internet is working fine but I can't get pages to load in Safari.

It's just started happening today. I updated Safari with the new OS Update.

Partial Pages Upload

No page Upload

Pages just stop loading and I can't even close the tab via the grey X in the corner

Is anyone else having these problems.

I've reset Safari

Rebooted

Not sure what else to do.

Thanks

Bill

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 11:27 AM

25 replies

Apr 2, 2017 3:56 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks very much! I have tried a couple of hours to solve the problem and found your suggestion with DNS. It worked at once with me!

Open System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS

Click + and type:

Click + again and do the same.

Click OK.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

Sep 22, 2014 11:54 AM in response to QuantumJourney

Hi Bill ..

Might be a cookies, cache, or extensions issue ..

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

If nothing above helped, try this DNS server.

Open System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS

Click + and type:

Click + again and do the same.

Click OK.

Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found

Sep 22, 2014 1:12 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

If I haven't used Safari in a while the first time I try to load a website the progress bar "sticks" and no page loads. Clicking the X and then refreshing sometimes gets the page to load, or just trying any other site can normally "gee" Safari to work. Its a pain, as once it does start working it normally doesn't have any problems.

Sep 27, 2014 1:48 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for the tips, Carolyn - I tried them both, but none worked for me.

Do you, or anyone else, have any other suggestions? My Safari 6.1.6 load pages extremely slow, pictures etcetera doesn't load at all - or pages won't load at all, get timed out or get the "Safari can't open the page" window (even on apple.com !!). Also tried the Safari's suggested Reset, to no avail. These problems started gradually after updating to Safari 6.1.6 - I'm still working on OSX 10.7.5, also got another, older, iMac side by side running perfectly on OSX 10.6.8 where Safari 5.1.10 runs without any problems at all (I have a fast internet connection over Ethernet and Wi-Fi). Anyone got a clue? Thanks ... Robert

Feb 3, 2015 10:02 AM in response to Robertswede

The steps in the related article at the bottom fixed it for me (Safari 8 - though it would come and go with 7). Other browsers always seemed to be working at the time.

Try a different DNS as the article notes or copy and paste the terminal command to turn off DNS Prefetching

Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found - Apple Support

My employer didn't want me to mess with the DNS, so I skipped to the Terminal instructions - copy and paste this in the Terminal app:

defaults write com.apple.safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled -boolean false

and then quit and start Safari again.

Laz

Oct 3, 2015 11:18 AM in response to QuantumJourney

I'm in the same boat.

I've tried deleting cache and cookies, but it did't work for me.

After surfing some websites, I found some tips that worked for me.

Go to System Preferences,choose network

Click "advanced", go to the "Hardware" tab, and click on "configure", choose "manually"

Click on mtu, change it to "custom" and set the mtu number to 1453 (I dont why but the number is something like a networking secret from ancient times)

regards,

<Link Edited by Host>

Safari - Pages Not Loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.