Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Art work from albums resynching

Is anyone else experiences artwork being resynched every time you sync your phone? Thanks, Terry

iPhone 6 Plus, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Yes. It syncs about 550 album artworks, then stops. (I'm not manually managing music, I prefer to sync.) When I do this…

• Any playlists I've chosen to add to my iPhone during that sync fail to copy.
  • Loads of tracks end up being deleted from the iPhone. They're still visible in the Music app but if I attempt to play them, the iPhone will skip to the next available track. Sometimes hundreds are skipped.
  • Anything purchased from iTunes Store is OK, it tends to be music ripped from my CDs or purchased from other sources that get deleted.
  • The additional capacity (resulting from the unwanted deletions) is displayed in iTunes in the Summary pane.
  • I have a work-round but it's messy: 1. Add any new music to iTunes and set up playlists; 2. Select (check) the playlists and back up the iPhone; 3. Manually delete all the music using the iPhone itself (can’t do this in Settings/General/Usage because it crashes; I find my best option is to do it by deleting Genres); 4. Restore iPhone to factory settings, re-load EVERYTHING, put my fingerprints back in for TouchID, download files for third party apps (e.g. Satnav maps), etc.

Are these issues affecting you too? Some of them are listed in other discussions but I mention all the above in case there's a relationship between these points and the artwork sync issue.

iPhone 6, Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite Beta 5), iTunes 12.0.0.140.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2014 4:04 PM in response to gzmxj

Yes. It syncs about 550 album artworks, then stops. (I'm not manually managing music, I prefer to sync.) When I do this…

• Any playlists I've chosen to add to my iPhone during that sync fail to copy.
  • Loads of tracks end up being deleted from the iPhone. They're still visible in the Music app but if I attempt to play them, the iPhone will skip to the next available track. Sometimes hundreds are skipped.
  • Anything purchased from iTunes Store is OK, it tends to be music ripped from my CDs or purchased from other sources that get deleted.
  • The additional capacity (resulting from the unwanted deletions) is displayed in iTunes in the Summary pane.
  • I have a work-round but it's messy: 1. Add any new music to iTunes and set up playlists; 2. Select (check) the playlists and back up the iPhone; 3. Manually delete all the music using the iPhone itself (can’t do this in Settings/General/Usage because it crashes; I find my best option is to do it by deleting Genres); 4. Restore iPhone to factory settings, re-load EVERYTHING, put my fingerprints back in for TouchID, download files for third party apps (e.g. Satnav maps), etc.

Are these issues affecting you too? Some of them are listed in other discussions but I mention all the above in case there's a relationship between these points and the artwork sync issue.

iPhone 6, Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite Beta 5), iTunes 12.0.0.140.

Art work from albums resynching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.