Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Verizon (FIOS) restricting download speed?

A few days ago, I started updating 2 iPhones and three iPads to iOS 8. At the same time, there have been a couple of Mavericks updates that I've needed to download. For all of these, the download speed has been ridiculously slow....like 14 hours to download the 10.9.5 Mavericks update. And the iOS8 updates? Forget about it....they time out. Now, here is where the puzzle gets interesting. I took my iPad to work and got the iOS 8 update to download in 10 minutes! Took anther laptop to work and got 10.9.5 to download in 2 minutes. Meanwhile, back at home on the FIOS connection, a 2.3 GB movie downloaded in 6 minutes. When I do a speediest at home, I's consistently getting 19-23 down. This has all been going on for days, so I don't think the initial crush on Apple servers caused by the release of iOS 8 is at fault.

Is it Verizon? Or is it me? Anyone have any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 11:46 AM

2 replies

Is Verizon (FIOS) restricting download speed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.