Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I solved my "not-syncing since upgrading iTunes" issue

Hi folks,

It's been a long, hard fight, but we finally prevailed (I hope...).

Alright, here’s how I got to solve MY problem, on a 2006 MacBook Pro running 32-bit Snow Leopard:

- Uninstall iTunes 11.4 using AppCleaner, keeping all the boxes ticked in the Delete window EXCEPT your music library (usually a big folder, in my case, several Gb);

(To be able to uninstall completely iTunes, you must first go to AppCleaner preferences and uncheck the « Protect default applications » box)

- Delete all the files, kexts and folders already mentioned in a previous post;

(To wit:

/Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework

/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/MobileDevices.bun dle

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleMobileDevice.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleUSBEthernetHost.kext

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AirTrafficHost.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreFP.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iTunesAccess.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework)

- Reboot your Mac (probably optional, but I chose to err on the side of caution);

- Perform a fresh iTunes 11.3.1 install using the link posted by one of our fellow sufferers;

- Launch iTunes, and connect your iDevice via USB (you need to do that to enable the WiFi sync anyway).

My iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2 is syncing as we speak, and the content shows as it should, not just one big « Others » orange glob...

I certainly hope this helps! Do share your experiences!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 12:38 PM

There are no replies.

How I solved my "not-syncing since upgrading iTunes" issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.