Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable cookies in iOS 8

Since upgrading to iOS 8, I can no longer visit websites that allow cookies. In Settings > Safari > Block Cookies, the two bottom options are grayed out and aren't selectable, so I'm stuck on either 'Always block' or 'Allow from Current Website Only'. Is anybody else getting this?

Rather irritating as the London Underground WiFi splash screen requires cookies, so I can't get past that!

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 1:03 PM

7 replies

Sep 24, 2014 9:32 AM in response to bevan182

Hi bevan182,

If you are having issues with being unable to change your cookie settings on your iPhone, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

iOS: Force an app to close

Next, I would try restarting the iPhone -

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Sep 25, 2014 7:57 AM in response to bevan182

Hello, I have had this issue when managing ipad's using apple configurator. I fixed the issue by physically unticking the profiles that are on the device using apple configurator (a bog standard automatic refresh does not work) and after they have been refreshed reapply the profiles by reticking them and presto all fixed 🙂

Enable cookies in iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.