Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Volume

I recently purchased an iPhone 6 Plus and I noticed that the volume when on a call is very, very low. I turned the volume all the way up and there is still no improvement. When I had my iPhone 5S, I was able to actually turn down the volume because it was loud. Is anyone else having this problem?

Device: iPhone 6 Plus

Capacity: 128GB

Color: Black/Space Grey

*Phone volume is normal when on a call through Speakerphone or BT connection. Volume level problem is only experienced when using the ear piece.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 2:32 PM

291 replies

Jan 29, 2017 12:36 PM in response to KULIK121

I was purchased a 1phone 6s and after i did the software upgrade(from ios9 to ios10) im having problem on hearing volume..and i was thinking that i was only one having this issue then recently all of my coleague was asking me if i had an issue on phone my about the hearing volume i said yes..just to ask to apple what is the best solution you can give us to all this issues.?not

Jan 29, 2017 12:44 PM in response to Johnlord

I'm not the only one has the issue on hearing volume coz we are tired that everytime i had a call i must take my earpiece just to hear loudly the voice of my caller.you must address this issue and my be you must take an action and provide us help to solve it.if you will give as soon a better solution on this, all of the iphone users will be happy and they will stay loyal to the phone they love.but now that they having this all issue may be someday they will quit using it and we will buy other brand........

Mar 15, 2017 12:09 PM in response to Pgaddo1956

BRave01heart suggestion on page 3 worked for me. Try that one. After I disabled the change with buttons option under settings-sounds- I turned down the external volume button about midway then I placed a phone call. When I turned the external volume up while on the call the sound came through perfectly. When the change with buttons option was on no matter if the external was turned up all the way,the sound was still low...

Mar 27, 2017 5:18 PM in response to KULIK121

I've been having the same problem with my iPhone 6s. I've tried everything I've seen suggested from adjusting settings to sucking on the phone speaker. I even got my hearing checked to be sure it wasn't me instead of the phone. After a futile visit to geek squad today where they ran diagnostics and cleaned the earpiece with a brush, I tried one last simple fix and it worked - spray the earpiece with compressed air duster. Works like a charm!

May 22, 2017 9:03 AM in response to KULIK121

I CLEANED the indented strip WHERE MY EAR FITS ON MY IPHONE, NOW I HEAR PERFECTLY. I used a facial tissue and a small paper clip. Any tiny keen object will work. Make sure only the tissue touches the phone to avoid damage. Push tissue into area and move back and forrh moving to different parts of the tissue until you see no more dirt. Hope this helps.

Jun 4, 2017 9:42 PM in response to KULIK121

I had the same problem, I went through this list of helpful hints and I did everything short of going to the apple store.

I bought a used iPhone 6s +, from a friend, it was kept mint never out of a case. Thought I got a lemon after reading all of the posts about low ear speaker volume. I just went through the list again and retried the alcohol and a q-tip again! it actually worked after about 5 or so cleanings. I did not notice any real debris on the q-tips either. weird1

Aug 4, 2017 8:46 AM in response to KULIK121

I noticed a lot of people were having an issue with the volume on an iphone 6s, when making or receiving a call. Mine had been getting worse and worse. I called tech support and got nowhere, and googled ideas to resolve it, and nothing worked. I called my local US Cellular store, and the answer they gave me worked perfectly! You can either use compressed air or a brush, on the front of the phone-at the top-the long line that runs left to right. Dirt/dust/ear wax all accumulate in there. it was about a 2 second fix, and now I can hear perfectly!

Aug 10, 2017 1:40 PM in response to KULIK121

Folks - I know this is going to sound really obvious... but you might want to check and see if the screen covering the speaker slot is full of lint. If you carry the iPhone around in your pocket/purse it will get clogged like a laundry dryer lint screen over time. this will definitely "lower the volume level" to your ear. To clean just take a piece of sticky tape (like a small piece of duct tape) and place it over the ear slot and work your fingernail over it. Then pull it off - I bet a dollar you'll find a nice strip of lint/gunk - like waxing hair away. Then even give it a scrub with an old toothbrush for good measure. I have found this to happen when "having trouble charging" too... the charger slot was plugged up with lint! Hope this solves your problem because it's not an "Apple Hardware" issue or anything with "Hearing Aid Mode" at all!

iPhone 6 Plus Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.