Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eveytime I try to connect to wifi on my iPhone 6 it says "Incorrect Password"

When I try to connect to a WPA or WPA2 network on my iPhone 6 (64GB, iOS 8.0), it tells me the password is incorrect, even though it's not. WPA and WPA2 Enterprise both connect fine, and I don't know if WEP works or not. Resetting Network Settings did not work.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 2:13 PM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2014 6:15 AM in response to Jaren H.

Yes I'm having the same exact issue and can't get help from Apple. I have an open case number and spent two days on the phone with apple (no store anywhere near here in Lawton, OK). I have received the typical generic responses from them. Reset router, reset network connections on the phone, etc, with no luck. I'm sick of Apple's junk and just want to go back to my Samsung now. I was Pro-Apple for years, but this was the last straw for me.

Sep 25, 2014 12:03 PM in response to bkc250r

I unfortunately was one of the less intelligent people that purchased an Iphone 6 on Saturday, September 20th, 2014. I allowed the At&t agent to set up the phone for me and it started interacting and downloading my personal info via icloud while on their local wifi network. I then proceeded home and tried to link to my home wifi router of which 10-11 other devices are successfully linked. My iphone continuously gave me an error message that I had entered an incorrect password. This was not the case because I am very familiar with my password, and as I said, all of my other devices are connected fine. I even reset network settings on other devices just to prove that they would reconnect successfully. I then called apple Saturday night, and the so-called genius proceeded to walk me through all of their generic steps that are easily read on line, but none of them worked. I reset my phone as new - no luck, I reset my phone from previous backup on my computer - no luck, I reset my router - no luck, I forgot network - no luck. I even explained that all of my other devices were working fine, and then was told that I may have too many devices on my router, so I deleted all of my devices one by one from my router's history and changed my password. I then tried to connect again with my iphone 6 and it still shows incorrect password. I called back on Sunday and then spent a significant amount of time going through all of this again with another non-genius just to have them connect me to a "Senior Advisor". This was a joke as he spent about 5 minutes on the phone and actually hung up on me. I can't believe how horrible this company has become. I have had iphones and other apple devices since 2007, and until now, you couldn't pry me away from them, but at this point, if I can't find a resolve within about another day or so, I'm taking it back to my local At&t store and moving away from apple for good. I needed help, and they weren't interested in anything but giving me generic advice and defending their product no matter how bad it has been this go around.

Oct 9, 2014 10:32 AM in response to bkc250r

Ok, after 3 1/2 weeks of misery, and returning the original Iphone 6 for another, with it still not working, I found a rigged workaround. You will have to manually add your iphone's wifi address (found in settings>general>about) to your accepted MAC address in your router's settings. This is a pain in the neck as all of my other devices will work fine without doing this. It's actually pretty easy, but should never be required which still infuriates me. On my AT&T router, when I add the MAC address, it automatically places it on the blocked list, but all I had to do after was hit the left arrow and it switches it to the accepted list. After all of the other suggestions that do not work, this one finally did and should be the culprit of most of you guy's problems as well. Hope it works for you and I hope Apple gets their act together!

Oct 21, 2014 12:14 AM in response to Jaren H.

Same trouble here. iPhone 6 cannot connect to wifi and gives "incorrect password" message. Neither the iOS 8.0.2 and iOS 8.1 updates made any difference. My iPhone 5S and iPad can both connect fine to the same network both with iOS 8 so it seems isolated to the device. Also tried with another router with no luck.

Eveytime I try to connect to wifi on my iPhone 6 it says "Incorrect Password"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.