Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

searching text messages in ios8

It wasn't working on my iPhone 5 and it isn't working on my iPhone 6 - unable to find certain names when searching text messages.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 1:33 PM

Try changing language.

General- language and region- iphone language

Put it in one you can find your way back out of, or remember how many down each option is.

Then change back to English.

I did this twice and then the search message function worked as it used to.

8 replies

Sep 26, 2014 8:12 AM in response to ATX Gary

thanks for help...i had to do it 3 times. after second did not work, while in the foreign language mode for 3rd try, i searched messages and it work , so i then backed back out and i changed back to english and it worked!!!!

thanks thanks thanks...

ps , the comment out counting down where each item that you a clicking is critical. i did not do the first time...thought i would remember. had to use german to english translator to input words to find my way back.

simple thing is take a screen shot of each page as you start for the first time and work your way thru it....cheers...s

Oct 20, 2014 6:54 AM in response to danpiano

Thanks. Your solution some how not working for me. But with below sequence, it work fine for my phone.

1. Switch to Spanish

2. Power off phone

3. Power up again

4. Try search ok...

5. Switch to English

6. Power off and on again

7. Search is now ok for now... let's cross the figner it works forever...

searching text messages in ios8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.