Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 messages crashing adding photos

Iphone 6 Plus 64gb arrived Friday. Messages app worked fine. Adding photos a breeze. By Saturday night it was slower to add photos. Sunday even slower. Now today, when I try to add a photo to a text, it never populated with my last few photos and crashes after 10 seconds or so.

Already reset network settings. No change

Thanks in advance,

Michael

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 4:12 PM

20 replies

Sep 24, 2014 1:40 PM in response to Mikeyis009

Hi Mikeyis009,

If you are having issues with your iPhone performance and crashing, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

iOS: Force an app to close

Next, I would try restarting the iPhone -

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Sep 25, 2014 5:45 PM in response to Brett L

just installed 8.0.2 and problem still exists.

I Have...

deleted phone and set up as new

deleted icloud account and created new iCloud account for messages

turned off all iCloud photo features

deleted all photos

deleted all messages

this is a giant pain And I need a solution. Would love to go to local Apple Store but they were a complete disaster yesterday when my wife's phone was rendered useless with the 8.0.1 update.

This his phone is great but I cannot use imessages to send photos. Please have someone get in touch with me to fix.

Oct 1, 2014 10:47 AM in response to Mikeyis009

I have the same phone as Mikeyis009. Got it since day one. Didn't have any issues until I upgraded to 8.0.2. Now everytime I try to send a photo within the messages app it just doesn't show the last photo's taken and then crashes. I can now, after restoring, send through the photo's app. Before it was not allowing me and wasn't sending anything.

Oct 5, 2014 8:43 PM in response to Mikeyis009

I am also having this problem. It wasn't as gradual as yours mine happened maybe in a matter of 10 minutes but it now completely crashes when pressing the photo icon to add a picture. Needs fixed quickly it is a hassle to have to go into photos to send a picture. I'm also not finding many other threads or websites with others having this problem so hopefully apple knows it's an issue so they can get on it.

iOS 8 messages crashing adding photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.