Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't send email on new iPhone 6

I have the new 6. I have three email accounts coming to my phone. All will receive, but none will send. Each account is using a different provider, Comcast, Go Daddy, and Verizon. None can send and all give an smtp error. Friday I had the 4s and everything worked beautifully. Saturday got the 6 and now I can't send. I have deleted and reinstalled the accounts to no avail. At first I thought it was just Comcast but all are giving the same error. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 6:00 PM

Mail sending is done via the SMTP server. Check the listing you have for SMTP servers and ensure that you have the username and password information not only correct, but added in all sections. In some places where the iPhone says that it is optional, it isn't. When you removed all of the accounts and added them back, did all of the accounts verify?

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2014 6:00 PM in response to ntsinback

Mail sending is done via the SMTP server. Check the listing you have for SMTP servers and ensure that you have the username and password information not only correct, but added in all sections. In some places where the iPhone says that it is optional, it isn't. When you removed all of the accounts and added them back, did all of the accounts verify?

Oct 13, 2014 6:22 AM in response to ntsinback

Hi ntsinback,

have you found a solution? I have the same problem. All settings are double and triple checked - it simply does not work. It accepts the password for smtp when you enter the details, but the mail program itself then claims the credentials are wrong. They aren't. It worked beautifully before upgrading to an iphone6.

Best,

Armin

May 9, 2015 9:24 AM in response to tarex12

I would echo what Templeton Peck stated. Not all Exchange administrators always allow mobile devices free access to their server. They are in control of how devices access their network. There are very few settings you have control of in an Exchange account, so the fact that send does not work and receive is slow, I also suggest you contact them and work it out.

Nov 23, 2015 11:57 AM in response to bgscribn

Thank you so much. Between Chris and your suggestion I was able to solve my problem. I recently had to change my password on my email account and this apparently affected my STMP settings. So follow make sure that not only the password on your account and the STMP are the same. Once I corrected the password in my STMP my outgoing mail went out immediately. So check out both. Hope this helps you as much as it did me. Thanks everyone.

I can't send email on new iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.