Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 issue with Siri - she's not listening to me!

The phone's working fine and I have a good wireless and cell connection. When you activate Siri it makes all the right noises but it seems the microphone is disconnected. (it works fine on phone calls)

Any ideas

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 2:09 PM

Hey there Desertrat105,

It sounds like you are unable to use Siri at all, even though it seems to open it doesnt seem to hear you. I would toggle Siri Off, then restart your phone, turn it back on and try again.

iOS: Troubleshooting Siri

Settings > General > Siri.

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your device until the red slider appears. Then drag the slider to turn your device completely off.

After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2014 2:09 PM in response to DESERTRAT105

Hey there Desertrat105,

It sounds like you are unable to use Siri at all, even though it seems to open it doesnt seem to hear you. I would toggle Siri Off, then restart your phone, turn it back on and try again.

iOS: Troubleshooting Siri

Settings > General > Siri.

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your device until the red slider appears. Then drag the slider to turn your device completely off.

After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

User uploaded file

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

iPhone 6 issue with Siri - she's not listening to me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.