Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2011 Honda Accord, IOS 8 Update Nullifies Car Stereo Controls?

After updating my iPhone 5 to IOS 8, the car stereo controls don't work with my iPhone. It still connects fine, I can play music, but I have to use the controls on the iPhone itself. Which basically makes the hands free option completely useless. Any updates, fixes etc that might help?

iPhone 5, iOS 8, 2011 Honda Accord

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 6:18 PM

8 replies

Oct 17, 2014 12:10 PM in response to Brett L

Hi,

I have a 2012 Honda Accord and I'm experiencing the same issues. I'm not able to control my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.x through the in dash or steering wheel controls. My wife's iPhone 5 continues to work fine on iOS 7 and my phone worked fine previous to the upgrade to iOS 8.

I've followed the steps in the link with no success. I've also followed the suggesting in this thread to reset all network settings and it still does not work.

Please post additional suggestions.

Thank you.

Dec 9, 2014 1:32 PM in response to Saintpeterz28

I have this same exact problem ever since upgrading to iOS 8 and now with an iPhone 6. I can't use the controls in my Honda Civic anymore to change the song and it doesn't automatically play like it used to. Now I have to manually change the song on my phone.

I was hoping the last few software updates would solve this, but nothing. Does anyone know if there's a permanent fix/solution to this?

2011 Honda Accord, IOS 8 Update Nullifies Car Stereo Controls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.