Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slowwww Page Turning

Just upgraded to IOS8 on my iPad (third generation).

Page turning in iBooks is incredibly slow. Worst case time to do a page turn (by touching the side of the book) is 5 seconds. Groan. Sometimes it goes faster if you page back over pages that have just been viewed. Trying to do a page turn by 'curling' the page over is impossibly slow. My finger gets to the other side of the screen and then finally, you get the page turn. The delay is so bad that I often touch the edge of the book twice thinking that iBooks has not registered my touch, and then it jumps ahead 2 or more pages. Hopeless.

Never had these issues with IOS7.

Anyone else having these problems?

Regards

Steve

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 7:21 PM

10 replies

Jun 22, 2018 1:10 AM in response to Stephen Bruhn

Hi Stephen,

I am also having the issues that you mention in iBooks with a third generation iPad. Here's hoping that this gets fixed... I tried doing a "clean" restore of my iPad with iOs 8 installed but no dice!

Regards,

Frank

Oct 26, 2014 3:19 PM in response to Anthony M Kassir MD

HI Anthony,

yeah I upgraded to 8.1. There has been an improvement, but it's nowhere as responsive v7. Some pages turn quickly, but then it slows down again and you get the delay which is more like 2-3 seconds now. It's annoying because it is not consistent. It's better, but it's not fixed. I don't bother with the page curl turning. My finger gets to the other side of the screen and then finally you get the page curl. Meh.

Nov 17, 2014 12:42 PM in response to Laxarus

Hi,

Yeah, I am getting really annoyed with it. Downloaded a new book from iBooks store, 'The Thrree Body Poblem', by Cxin Liu published by Tor. Was going okay for about 50 pages, now it's back to slow page turns. I counted it last night, well over 5 seconds. The most annoying aspect is that you think that you didn't tap the scrreen correctly and hit it again and then suddenly it jumps 2 pages ahead. Grrrrrr. Apple, for the love of......FIX THIS! Surely you know this is a problem. Downloaded IOS8.1, no difference. Can we at least have some feedback that you are working on this. Please.

Jul 6, 2015 4:22 PM in response to Stephen Bruhn

I know this is an old thread, but it is still an annoying problem on an Ipad 3.

I have not tried 8.4 yet, but unlikely this changes anything.

For what it's worth, I have found that turning pages in portrait mode significantly faster (almost as fast as it was in 7.1.2) than in landscape mode, where page turns take around 2 seconds...

Let's hope ios 9 fixes this.

Any other experiences?

Jul 7, 2015 4:51 PM in response to salzrat

Since my last post in this thread, I upgraded to an iPad Air 2. I don't recall slow page turns since upgrading to the faster iPad. I'm running iOS 8.4 now. As a matter of routine I keep my iOS updated and if I still had an iPad 3 I would go ahead with the 8.4 update. There's no telling if Apple would ever address the slow page turning issue for the iPad 3. The iPad 3 is only 2 generations behind the current model and one can only hope.

Slowwww Page Turning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.