Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my iphone saying my devices are offline when in fact they are all online and location enabled. Please Help!

Hey Guys,

I have 3 devices under my name:

- Apple iPad 2

- Apple iPhone 5s

- Apple Mac Book Pro

Now when i use the find my iPhone app to locate my devices it says that both my iPad and my iphone are offline.

Now i have made sure that the date is current (on both devices), both devices IOS is updated to current IOS, and i have restarted both devices and disabled location services then enabled them and done the same with the find my iphone app.

The weird thing is that the Mac Book Pro is discoverable but the iPad and iPhone doesn't.

Now it was working about a week ago and now it doesn't work at all.

Please help so i can solve this myself or if i need to take these devices into apple for a closer look.

thank you

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 6:26 PM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2014 2:24 PM in response to Partii

Hello, Partii.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here is some helpful information regarding devices showing as offline with the Find My Device feature.

"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts

This can occur if:

• The date on your device is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
  • Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
  • Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (Settings > Privacy) or on your Mac (Date & Time) preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac:
  • You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

Location appears to be old or inaccurate

This can occur if you previously located your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and your device has not yet provided an updated location to iCloud.

Note: Your device's last known location will be available for one day. After 24 hours, you will no longer be able to see this last known location if the device is offline or otherwise unable to connect to Find My iPhone to provide an updated location.

Location circle is too large to be useful

This can occur if your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac is still determining a more accurate location or is unable to provide a more accurate location. Wait a few minutes and refresh the map again.

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4006

Cheers,

Jason H.

find my iphone saying my devices are offline when in fact they are all online and location enabled. Please Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.