Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s battery drain IOS 8

After updating to IOS 8 my battery life has significantly decreased for the worse. After getting a good 8 hours of use with IOS 7 on a full charge i am now lucky to get about 4 hours before my battery dies with only moderate usage. Also my iPhone now gets extremely hot when i use for a period of about 5 minutes or more. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 7:48 PM

63 replies

Sep 22, 2014 8:33 PM in response to Kawa

Kawa wrote:

I have the same problem. Nothing can be done. We hope Apple release ios 8.0.1 to fix the problem.

There's nothing TO be done. I, and the vast majority of users have no issue with battery life after the upgrade. Just because YOU do, doesn't mean there's a systemwide problem. MILLIONS of people upgraded their OS since the release. There's bound to be a few with issues.

Basics from the user guide are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new device. Have you been through ALL the troubleshooting steps?

Sep 22, 2014 11:20 PM in response to gdgmacguy

This is not the first topic that been opened to discuss this problem. I think you don't know what's going on around you. BTW not all the users come here to talk about it. it doesn't mean they don't have the same problem. This problem happens to those have 5s and upgrading to ios 8. Maybe you don't have 5s or not upgrading to ios 8, even you still don't know there is a problem.

Sep 28, 2014 7:52 AM in response to gdgmacguy

That's make no sense. It's not only him, it's clearly that as a certain amount of iPhones aren't responding well to the new iOS, I Don't know if it has something to do with Processor Serial Number... Maybe a certain number of iPhone used different components , i don't know! But here, my iPhone get Hot and the battery drains really fast when i'm using it! Already tried to recover ten times, to set as a new iPhone and restore backup, already tried everything and nothing seems to solve! My iPhone drains about 1% every minute/ two... It's strange because when it's at Stand By Mode it seems to be normal.... Really don't know what to do... I have an iPhone 5S 64GB

Sep 30, 2014 2:44 PM in response to Simos805

I've a same problem too. I've Iphone 5s and after i updated my phone to IOS 8, it began to drain battery very fast. In standby mode, everything looks normal but when i begin to use my phone i can see my battery draining %1 every 1 or 1.5 minutes and getting hot. Example while im using an imessage it drains battery %1 every 1 minute. Even i shut down background app refres, location services an decrease a light of screen it doesnt change. Also I tried reset my phone totally but i didnt get any change. Please Apple, solve our this problem. It's too hard to use our phones in this situation. we are waiting an update or something else to solve this...

Oct 2, 2014 10:57 AM in response to rfit05

My battery life went from Great to TERRIBLE the moment I updated to IOS 8. I have 4s and a 5s both are completely worthless now as they need to be plugged in continuously. A new 5S i just bought has IOS 7 still and will stays charged for days... while the IOS 8's last for a few hours. If this isn't fixed by APPLE soon, it's time for my business and family to pull the plug on Apple products.

Oct 2, 2014 3:05 PM in response to Bill R in Illinois

Since updating to the new OS I've had battery drain problems. I went to see what was using the most battery (Setting=Usage=Battery Usage). The Home and Lock Screen uses the most battery (22%). I have adjusted the brightness to lower it, Auto Lock time to 1 minute. Before that I changed all my mail to manual, all Apps to not allow for auto refresh or updates. I have also erased and reloaded from iTunes. I have Auto Brightness on....is that a problem?

Iphone 5s battery drain IOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.