Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud ShellStreams.dll changes locale of any process using a filedialog

Since the iCloud update from last week (version 4.03.56) the locale (C Api: setLocale(LC_ALL, 0)) is changed after a system file dialog (FileSaveDialog or FileOpenDialog) is opened. It changes the locale in our application from "C" to "German_Germany.1252".

The problem disappears when i remove the ShellStreams.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services or when I deinstall iCloud complettly..

If found a very similar entry in the forum from Sep 23 2013:

Best Regards,

Thomas

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 1:52 AM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2015 4:25 AM in response to Thomas Helfenstein

Thomas,

This answer may be too late for you, but I am replying so that other people who search the net have a chance to find this.

Apple has fixed the bug in one of the recent versions of iCloud. I don't know which version exactly, but with iCloud 4.0.6.28 the undesired locale change no longer happens. I just closed a support case where one of our clients also had iCloud 4.0.3.56 installed (i.e. the same version that you reported), and after updating iCloud via Apple Software Update the problem went away.

Cheers

Patrick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.