Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring is taking several - everything but most of my photos has been restored

I got my iPhone 6 on Saturday and proceeded with restoring from icloud backup . Today is Tuesday and I'm still getting a message at the bottom of my locked screen saying "Restoring from iCloud Backup". Everything but the majority of my photos has been resorted.

Any help in resolving this will be greatly appreciated - some of the photos mean a great deal to me to get them back.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 3:04 AM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2014 4:01 PM in response to smiles1234

Had similar problem - got iPhone 6 on Monday, still "restoring from iCloud backup" on Thursday. After reading several of these threads, a combination of possible solutions fixed it:

1) I restarted phone (not sure necessary, but did it)

2) synced phone to iTunes on Mac

3) after several issues (e.g., failure to initiate sync, transfer data, cancel sync), it finally took and I restarted phone

4) now I found several apps (some I'm certain I had deleted in past) back on phone with shaded icons, so I deleted some again and selected the ones I wanted to keep to start them downloading. Some downloaded, some froze, so I deleted the frozen ones out of frustration.

5) restarted phone again, and no more "restoring from iCloud backup" message.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I use iCloud Match, and upon checking SETTINGS>GENERAL>ABOUT, I found my number of songs (indicating only those downloaded to my iPhone) showing 103 vs. 5 as listed there before my sync to iTunes. So not sure if it was phantom apps or a iCloud Match issue, but something was hanging it up, and this fixed it.

Restoring is taking several - everything but most of my photos has been restored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.