Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hotspot not working on iPhone 6

Both the wife and I have the same issue. When opening the personal hotspot tab on either phone it kicks us off whatever wifi network we are on. Then no other devices can connect to or find our phones via the hotspot. Am I missing something here or are we looking at a software bug?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 4:39 AM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2014 5:04 AM in response to paivacy

I've read a few others having this issue. I also have this issue. I did a reset of all settings and now it shows a spinning wheel for a while, then "Set Up Personal Hotspot" and prompts to call Verizon. (are you Verizon as well?) I spent hours with a rep troubleshooting with no fix. I've completely restored the phone, set it up as new (no backup) - nothing works. Verizon claims all is set up on their end, they tried resetting things to no avail.

I also don't have the VoLTE feature that is supposed to be behind the Enable LTE option. (its just a simple on off switch, where it should lead to another menu area)

I suspect bad hardware but am curious if others have run into this and if anyone has found a fix.

My wife's new Verizon iPhone 6 works just fine.

iPhone 6 128gb Verizon, iOS 8, switched over from AT&T so had my number ported.

Dec 17, 2014 11:15 AM in response to lundejd

I am now on my third iPhone 6 with no success fixing the issue. Hot spot works very intermittently regardless of device trying to use it (MBA, win7 laptop, tablet, chromebook). Phone itself can connect to any website but once the hot spot is activated, any device connected via the hot spot cannot access the web in any way. However, every once in while, it works fine for a period of time (5 minutes to over an hour). Then it will again fail to connect to the web (no specific activity causes the failure) . Rebooting, resetting, swapping SIM cards and replacing the phone have all been tried. Have spent 6 hours on the phone with Verizon and visited two Apple genius bars. Verizon is treating this as a real issue which they think is a phone problem. Apple acts like it's Verizon's problem which seems unlikely given the successful hot spot use on other phones. It's not location specific as phone(s) has been all over Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Behavior is the same everywhere. In the same household sharing the same data plan, we have an Android phone (HTC One) and that hot spot works flawlessly. The previous phone on the affected line was an Android (HTC DNA) and it too worked flawlessly. VERY frustrating!

Personal Hotspot not working on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.