Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gray Market Victim

Apple IMC Middle East Refuses Supporting MacBook Pro

I have a 15-inch macbook pro purchased in Saudi Arabia from Technology Bridge. It's entitled for the following:

* 15-inch battery exchange program.
* Article # 303365: MacBook Pro with noise under the keyboard.

As well as a slight problem with the magsafe charger.

I took it to the authorized service provide in Saudi Arabia: Arab Computers (branch of Apple IMC Middle East). http://www.appleme.ae/ara/support/ksa.html

They told me that they need to replace the battery and the main logic board and they have both in stock.

However they refused to provide support stating that the shop that i bought the macbook pro from is getting it directly form the United States (Gray Market.) and it's not covered by the warranty outside the united states. Although at the time of buying, i checked the authorized retailers in the Apple IMC Middle East website and Technology Bridge was listed as an authorized retailer as well as a service provider.

I've contacted Apple IMC Middle East (Arab Business Machines in Dubai/UAE) and I was told the same.

I also contacted Apple support US. And it didn't work. They told that they can do nothing for me and i should get in touch with Apple Middle East. Which in turn keeps refusing.

I don't know what to do...

Anybody with a previous experience with the same scenario please help...

Macbook Pro Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Macbook Pro Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Sep 21, 2006 5:42 PM

5 replies

Sep 22, 2006 12:23 AM in response to SurferDude808

Sorry to say but that is a waste of time out here..

First ABM are bandits all products here in the ME cost

US$ x Excanage Rate x 1.25 !!!!

so they add 25% to the cost and provide 0% support

I got my self as one of the first in the region a MacBook 2.0Ghz... White

They now want me to prove that i bought it here in Dubai.. also they refuse to replace the Cover Free of Gharge... let alone I'll have to pay for a new logic board and heatsink if I want the fix (RSD)!!!..

Now that is from a company where I as a pro-sumer have bought

20" iMac G5
20" IMac Intel
15" G5 Gen#1 Powerbook
15" G5 HighRes Gen#2 Powerbook
14" iBook
G4 MacMini
Intel Core Duo MinMac
2Ghz MacBook

+ at least 5 iPods/Nanos...

so they really do what they want and no amount of complaining helps..

I did read some where and was told by an expert in the london store that all "Battery Based products" i.e. MacBooks etc were covered by an international warranty... but if yours came from the US that would mean for 90 days at max...

Sep 22, 2006 8:00 AM in response to NoBackUp

I did read some where and was told by an expert in
the london store that all "Battery Based products"
i.e. MacBooks etc were covered by an international
warranty...

Correct. Also the Mac Mini

but if yours came from the US that would
mean for 90 days at max...

Not Correct.

You should read the warranty that came with the machine. It should be in the box.

Good luck.

Sep 22, 2006 12:55 PM in response to Rajesh Sharma

Sorry but they remove the warranty cards and stuff over here...

They said it only applies to the US...

So but good to hear that the MacBook should be covered... but I still think that the guy will have no joy here as ABN just does what they want... seem to recall that I had the dead memory slot on my G5 PB... it took then 6 months to get the PART !!!!.... and then they tried to charge me for the work !!!

Gray Market Victim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.