Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 keyboard issue in messages

I was really happy when I noticed that iOS8 is remembering the keyboard I use for each contact. I use two languages and it was extremely annoying to have to switch keyboards in iOS7 every time I switch the conversation in messages. However, it looks like it only remembers the keyboard for a few hours and then switches the keyboard. For example, I will text contact A and use the English keyboard. Then, I will text contact B and use the Polish keyboard. When I go back to contact A, the keyboard automatically switches to English (and then back to Polish when I switch to contact B again). However, this only lasts a few hours and then the keyboard resets. So, when I navigate back to contact B, I will see an English keyboard again instead of Polish. Is iOS8 supposed to remember the keyboard per contact? If so, does anyone else run into this issue?

This is on iPhone 6 Plus.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 7:01 AM

Same problem for me and no solution found yet. This was working better in iOS 7

The problem also extends with apps where it mixes up the languages and does not remember the last language used for the app.

Very annoying

1 reply

iOS 8 keyboard issue in messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.