Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8 calendar list view

I cannot get a list view of events in my calendar since I upgraded to ios 8. I have rebooted and no change. I go to the day view and hit the list icon and nothing happens. Is anyone else having this issue? The list view is what I always use.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 7:15 AM

50 replies

Sep 25, 2014 11:20 AM in response to ezra-td

Try resetting the phone. Home + Sleep buttons held down at the same time. Wait for Apple logo to appear. Wait for phone to reboot.

If this doesn't help, try a Reset All Settings reset Settings => General => Reset => Reset All Settings. This puts all settings back to factory defaults. Yes you have to go back in and turn everything on or off that you had done before, but it is faster than doing a restore in iTunes.

Sep 25, 2014 12:08 PM in response to ezra-td

The list-only view in Calendar is still available, but getting to it is different in iOS 8.

From the scrolling month view (where you have a continuous view of calendar months where each week is a row), tap on any day (the number) to bring up the list-only view. You'll see a scrollable list of calendar entries, and the icon to the left of the search button at the top will have changed to look like a list. Tap that icon and you'll get a graphical day view of appointments. Tap it again to return to the list-only.

If you're in the scrolling month view and you tap the icon to the left of the search button, you'll switch to a combination of month-and-day's appointments.

I found this very confusing at first, but it's not any more difficult than the old way (once you get used to it).

Sep 25, 2014 1:29 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I don't remember having trouble navigating in iOS 7 like I am in 8, but perhaps that's because I don't use Calendar (I use Fantastical). Sorry for the confusion!

Regardless, I think we're talking at cross-purposes. I consider Calendar to have two "day views"; one with a month visible on top and one with a week visible on top. The behavior of the button to the left of the search is very different in these two views, but tapping it should do something.

If nothing happens when that button is tapped, then there's a bigger problem.

Restarting the phone didn't help, but possibly resetting will:

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

I doubt that will fix it, as it sounds like the app is screwed up. But it's a quick thing to try.

Sep 25, 2014 3:51 PM in response to preludio

The day view that I am referring to is the one that shows the appointments for the days, as illustrated by the screenshot that I provided. That is the one that you tap on the icon I have circled and find the listing. The only other view is the view of the month, and that is a totally different looking icon. That one will then only give you a list for the day highlighted. That view is this one here.

User uploaded file

Sep 25, 2014 6:05 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Unfortunately, the first screenshot you provided doesn't appear for me (it's a broken image).

Here are screenshots I took. The first is the "month" view. Note that the icon to the left of the search button is toggled off (left) and on (right).

User uploaded file

And this is the "week" view, showing that toggling between these gives the full list that ezra-td asked about.

User uploaded file

I find it a bit tricky to remember how to get into the second view.

ios 8 calendar list view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.