Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

holidays not showing up in calendar iOS 8

US holidays are not showing up on my calendar on my iPhone 6. I am using iOS 8 and have iCloud synced. I also subscribed to holidays on my phone. Holidays show up on my calendar on my macbook pro but not my phone. Any solutions out there? Thanks!

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:08 AM

9 replies

Sep 23, 2014 8:39 AM in response to wildlifeanalysis

A couple of things you could try:

1. Try force-closing the calendar app and resetting your phone (double-tap the home button, locate and swipe up on the calendar app to close it, tap the home button again, hold the power and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release).
  2. Go to Settings>iCloud, turn calendars off, choose Delete from My iPhone when prompted (they will still be in iCloud), reset your phone again, then turn go back and turn calendars back on again (your iCloud calendars will download back to your phone).

Sep 23, 2014 9:14 AM in response to wildlifeanalysis

If worse comes to worse, you can manually add on by doing the following:

1. Tap Settings
  2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  3. Scroll down and tap Add Account...
  4. Tap Other
  5. Tap Add Subscribed Calendar
  6. In the server field, input: ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics - then tap Next
  7. On the next screen, change the name of the calendar under "Description" if you choose - then tap Save

Then just uncheck the US Holidays calendar under Other and use the new subscribed calendar.

Dec 9, 2015 12:09 PM in response to wildlifeanalysis

I know this thread is extremely old, but wanted to reply with my fix. I am still running iOS 8.4.1 on my 5s. I wipe my device clean every 2 months and occasionally have this issue. Besides manually adding the ics file, none of the other suggestions work. What has worked for me every time without fail, is simply going into Calendar, then clicking Calendars (at bottom) and then pulling down from the top to refresh the list. When I go back into month view, the holidays are there. Hope this might work for others should they still be running iOS 8 and come across this particular issue.

holidays not showing up in calendar iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.