Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery’s status is “Not Charging”

Dear Friends,

I got a gift from one of my friend "Macboo4.1" OS Mac OSX10.6.8 (10K549). When ever i connect the Power Adapter. It Shows in the Menu bar "Battery’s status is “Not Charging”. and the battery will never get charged. please help me to charge my battery. The Status shows that the battery condition is good.

Please help me to over come this issue or solve my issue.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Battery’s status is “Not Charging”

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 7:44 AM

16 replies

Sep 23, 2014 8:08 AM in response to suhasmanoj

Make sure that there is no debris in the charger port,cable connector, also make sure that none of the pins are pressed in and stuck (they are spring loaded)

Try a SMC reset:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Follow instructions for the battery you have, you can remove yourself or you should not remove. I believe it should be the latter.

Also try with another charger if available to eliminate that the charger may be bad.

You can also take it to an Apple Genius bar for a free evaluation.

Make an appointment first

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Sep 24, 2014 4:30 AM in response to suhasmanoj

As your friend has given you a 6 year old computer, there is a good chance the battery is bad and needs to be replaced, and/or the charger is defective.

Click on the Apple Menu's, "About This Mac," System Report and see what it says about the condition of your battery. It will indicate whether it needs to be replaced or not.

Otherwise, you can make an appointment at an Apple Store to test out whether the battery and/or charger needs to be replaced.

Sep 24, 2014 5:54 AM in response to suhasmanoj

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Resetting the SMC on Mac portables with a battery you can remove

Note: Learn about removing the battery on MacBook and MacBook Pro.

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.
  3. Remove the battery.
  4. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
  5. Release the power button.
  6. Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
  7. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Battery’s status is “Not Charging”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.