Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since loading iOS 8 my e-mails do not appear on my locked screen.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 9:39 AM

Hey brianfromkirkcudbright,

Thanks for the question. Let’s check your notification settings for the Mail application, we’ll want to make sure that “Show on Lock Screen” is enabled for the specific account (ex. iCloud):

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3576

Troubleshooting notifications

[…]

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notifications to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Thanks,

Matt M.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2014 9:39 AM in response to brianfromkirkcudbright

Hey brianfromkirkcudbright,

Thanks for the question. Let’s check your notification settings for the Mail application, we’ll want to make sure that “Show on Lock Screen” is enabled for the specific account (ex. iCloud):

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3576

Troubleshooting notifications

[…]

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notifications to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.