Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access the Apple ID that my iPad was set up with!

My husband bought me an iPad a few years ago and it has now gone into recovery mode.

We've tried connecting it to iTunes via a Mac but it's asking for an Apple ID that we don't seem to have access to! It's not the same one I use to make purchases in the iTunes store. It's telling me that it's l*****@me.com but my Apple ID is @icloud.com and the password I usually use for that isn't working.

If you have a username at @icloud.com shouldn't it be the same at @me.com?

Does the number of blobs in the prompt for the Apple ID correspond with the number of letters in the username?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 9:10 AM

1 reply

Sep 25, 2014 10:24 AM in response to lucyderosa

Hello there, lucyderosa.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great information regarding troubleshooting iCloud accounts:

iCloud: Account troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3988

In your instance, this may be useful:

I receive an “authentication failed” message when I try to sign in with my Apple ID during iCloud account setup on my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com), click “Manage your Apple ID,” and try to sign in with your Apple ID. If you are unable to sign in, follow the steps provided there to reset your Apple ID account password.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Can't access the Apple ID that my iPad was set up with!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.