Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get pictures on my new iPhone 6 from another iPhone. Says downloading.

cant get pictures on my new iPhone 6 from other iPhone?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 9:55 AM

Hi Netta18,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Try the troubleshooting suggestions in the article below, they will resolve most iCloud My Photo Stream issues on an iPhone.

iCloud: Get help using My Photo Stream

I don't see photos in My Photo Stream on my iOS device.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Make sure that Wi-Fi is on and your device is connected to a wireless network. You can use these steps to troubleshoot your Internet connection on your iOS device.
  3. From your Home screen, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos (or Photo Stream on a device using iOS 6).
  4. Make sure that My Photo Stream is on.
  5. Close the Camera app on the device that took the photo. Photos won't upload from an iOS device to My Photo Stream until you close the Camera app.
  6. See if your iOS device is below 20% battery power. To preserve battery life, Photo Stream downloading and uploading are disabled when the battery reaches 20%. Downloading and uploading will continue after you charge your device, and the battery charge is greater than 20%.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2014 9:55 AM in response to Netta18

Hi Netta18,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Try the troubleshooting suggestions in the article below, they will resolve most iCloud My Photo Stream issues on an iPhone.

iCloud: Get help using My Photo Stream

I don't see photos in My Photo Stream on my iOS device.

1. From the Home screen, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Make sure that Wi-Fi is on and your device is connected to a wireless network. You can use these steps to troubleshoot your Internet connection on your iOS device.
  3. From your Home screen, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos (or Photo Stream on a device using iOS 6).
  4. Make sure that My Photo Stream is on.
  5. Close the Camera app on the device that took the photo. Photos won't upload from an iOS device to My Photo Stream until you close the Camera app.
  6. See if your iOS device is below 20% battery power. To preserve battery life, Photo Stream downloading and uploading are disabled when the battery reaches 20%. Downloading and uploading will continue after you charge your device, and the battery charge is greater than 20%.

I hope this helps.

-Jason

Nov 24, 2014 9:13 PM in response to Jason L

Is there any other way to fix the problem if i don't won't to use photo stream or automatically upload to iCloud? I've never had problem receiving photos via text message with my 4s before until I got iPhone 6 plus with iOS 8.1.1. (I was so happy when I got the new iPhone 6 plus but now I got so frustrated with the photo message problem.)
Thanks

Can't get pictures on my new iPhone 6 from another iPhone. Says downloading.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.