Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 won't charge

I've had the phone days - charging was fine until today where it won't connect.

There is nothing I can see in the socket which might hinder the connection, and hte plug socket is fine.

Is this issue common?

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:53 AM

First thread I've seen with this issue. You may have a defective charger cable. Do you have any other Apple charger cables you could try?

7 replies

Mar 17, 2015 9:09 AM in response to h.scott87

I'm having the same problem. I've already returned my first iPhone 6 and had it replaced with a new one. In that case, I tried the cord that came with the phone and another one that I bought at AT & T. I tried USB ports, car chargers and wall outlets. I still got intermittent charging. At one point my phone went dead! Now I have a new iPhone 6 and am still having the same issues. ALL of my cords CAN'T be faulty. This is an issue that needs to be addressed. Another friend of mine with the same phone is having the same issues.

APPLE PLEASE HELP!!

Apr 28, 2015 7:20 AM in response to h.scott87

I have an iPhone 6, my original one had a faulty headphone socket, I was replaced at the apple store last month and now the replacement won't charge, the apple store have offered me an appointment in a week, this simply isn't good enough customer services!

every time I plug it in using various genuine apple chargers and cables and into my car (where it has worked fine in the past) I get the good old "this accessory may not be supported" message!

my battery is now on 3% and refusing to charge!!!

Jun 7, 2015 10:56 PM in response to h.scott87

Hi

There are occasions when the lighting port won't seem to get into the slot fully. Mostly this is due to some kind of lint or dust getting into the charging groove. I had read in another post that we could use a toothpick to remove the dust/lint. I had this problem and was sorted out after removing the lint with the tooth pick

My iphone 6 won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.