Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my photos did not transfer from iphone 5 to iphone 6 through icloud

I am a gmail user and have transferred all my data to iphone 6 from iphone 5 via icloud. Calendars,contacts,music did fine. However, I only have 65 photos and there are still 279 (which synce to my Windows 7 PC via icloud) on my iphone 5 camera roll. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 9:07 AM

Are the missing photos in the camera roll on your iPhone 5, and if so, do you still have your old phone? Also, did you check the Photos section inside the photos app to see if the photos are there?

6 replies

Sep 23, 2014 3:24 PM in response to joanrb

Try backing up your iPhone 5 to your computer using iTunes, then install that backup to your new phone.

Connect your iPhone 5 to your computer, open iTunes, then go to File>Devices>Back Up (see iTunes: Turning on iTunes menus in Windows 8 and 7 if you don't see this in iTunes) and choose to back up apps and transfer purchases if prompted. Then connect your iPhone 6 to your computer, open iTunes, then go to File>Devices, Restore from Backup, choosing the backup of your iPhone 5 to restore to. Note: if you have any new data on your iPhone 6, such as new photos, you'll need to back those up first.

my photos did not transfer from iphone 5 to iphone 6 through icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.