Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync maps bookmarks between ios 8 and os x?

I used to be able to sync bookmarks between osx and ios 7.

But I think ios8 somehow broke it?

Adding bookmarks in osx doesn't appear in ios anymore.

Is there some settings that I might have missed?

I didn't setup icloud drive if that matters. I don't see any maps options in icloud settings either.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 9:51 AM

9 replies

Sep 25, 2014 10:54 AM in response to resting

Hi resting,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I know that it can be frustating when your bookmarks aren’t syncing between your Apple computer and your iOS device. I would suggest working through the troubleshooting steps provided in the attached article in this situation.

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List

Have a great day,

Joe

Sep 29, 2014 6:20 PM in response to AppleJoe

Hi thanks for the link.

But I don't have problems with iCloud syncing bookmarks in Safari.

Its the Maps application in OSX that doesn't sync with Maps in iOS automatically.

Or do they not have this feature at all? Cause I notice in OSX it's called bookmarks, but in iOS, it's called favorites.

What I do now is I "send" the map manually to iOS, and add to favorite from there.

Oct 5, 2014 4:12 AM in response to resting

Please allow me to rephrase it a bit , so this helpful apple employee can help us .. (Map bookmarks are removed in iOS 8 , but there is something there entirety favorites in maps)

Is it possible to sync favorites in maps between ios Devises , eg iphone and ipad map map ? And it is possible to sync map favorites between ios and osx eg iphone and imac ?

How to sync maps bookmarks between ios 8 and os x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.