Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone has said its 'restoring from iCloud backup' for 2 days

I received my brand new iPhone 6 two days ago.

When I fired up the phone, I restored from iCloud back up that I did about 10 minutes before hand to make sure it was up-to-date.

Two days have passed, and my phone STILL says its restoring from iCloud backup yet everything is on the phone as far as I'm aware.

I have plugged it into my mac and synced to iTunes, yet its still displaying this message!

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 10:06 AM

7 replies

Sep 23, 2014 10:11 AM in response to Samiking

If you still have your old phone, back it up to your computer using iTunes (connect it, open iTunes, go to File>Devices>Back Up and choose to back up apps and transfer purchased if prompted). Then stop the iCloud restore (Settings>iCloud>Backup>Stop Restoring...hopefully you can still do this in iOS 8) and restore the backup on your computer (connect your new phone, open iTunes, go to File>Devices>Restore from Backup).

Be sure to save any new data you may have (such as new photos) before restoring the backup again.

Sep 23, 2014 10:18 AM in response to randers4

I do still have my old phone, but on my new one it doesn't give me the option to stop the restore. Would this not delete everything on the phone even if I could stop the restore?

On settings>iCloud it does have a message saying 'you cannot delete your iCloud account because your iPhone is being restored'.

I only want to try and sort this as I'm selling my old phone and the buyer is picking it up tomorrow.

Sep 23, 2014 10:42 AM in response to Samiking

You used to have the option to stop a backup in iOS 7. Since you have a new phone you qualify for free phone support. Give Apple support a call and ask then how to stop a backup in iOS 8. If you find out it would help others if could post back here. You'll need your serial nimble to set up the call, which you can find in Setting >General >About.

My phone has said its 'restoring from iCloud backup' for 2 days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.