Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to import photos from phone to computer

I am unable to import the photos on my phone to my computer. Usually Iphoto will open up automatically and then the import will start. Now I have to open I photo on my own and although you can see my device listed on the right hand side of the screen, it is NOT importing.

I would like to note that a few days ago I was importing pictures (in order to clean up space on my phone for the update) and the photos did starts to import, but it never completed and I have NOT been able to import them since then.

Thank you.

iPhone 5s, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 11:55 AM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2015 1:39 AM in response to AJaaaHouse

Sorry, I misread your question.iTunes does not allow you to copy most types of data (including photos) from the phone to your computer.

To import camera roll photos to your Mac, you need a program that will recognize the iPhone as a camera. Most photo programs will do that. If you're using a Mac and don't want to put the photos into a program, you can copy the images using the Image Capture program. If you're using iCloud, images from PhotoStream will automatically appear in iPhoto (and Aperture).

There are also other programs that allow you to view the content of the data on your phone, but you probably don't have to go to such extremes.

unable to import photos from phone to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.