Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud, Numbers on iPad2 syncing issue

We are using 4 iPad 2's to submit orders to our iCloud, since updating to IOS 8 and iCloud Drive we have not been able to update, add or sync our iCloud numbers between devices... Apple, will you be fixing this soon, it is starting to hurt our business. We have tried, to hard reset, factory reset, deleting and reinstalling Numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, from reading the board we are not the only ones having this issue.

Thanks,

PB

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 12:43 PM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2014 1:45 AM in response to PBishop79

PBishop79

You're quite right. Using Numbers for example, I find that if i create a file in iCloud Numbers Beta, it immediately syncs to my iPad Numbers. But any update I carry out on my iPad version never syncs to iCloud. It just tries to update (says "Updating 1 spreadsheets") and then reverts back to showing the "up" arrow at top right of the file.

This started happening since I updated to iOS 8 and turned iCloud Drive on.

Any file created on the iPad Numbers does NOT show up in the cloud.

Sep 30, 2014 8:07 AM in response to appcedar

Unable to replicate your issue (iPad 3rd gen, iPhone 5; both on iOS 8.0.2). Everything is syncing without issue across and accessible via a braowser on iCloud.com.

It does appear that some elements of iCloud were having systemic issues yesterday. It appears to have been resolved, but not out of the question that some files may have miss-synced or failed to transfer.

Sep 30, 2014 3:15 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thanks James, for your kind investigation.

In my case, once I turned iCloud Drive on and realized I could no longer access the iCloud files on my MacBook (running Maverick), I turned it back off ignoring the warning of deletion of files (I did not know the process was irreversible).

To get back these files/documents, I deleted the iWork suite from my iPad and downloaded and installed all (pages, numbers & keynote). This worked as tthe documents downloaded back into the apps. Then I backed up and synced with my computer.

Thereafter, no updates I have performed on the iPad has updated to the cloud. More than 4 days now. I am afraid to lose important data.

DO you know the cause of this, and what could help.?

Sep 30, 2014 3:31 PM in response to appcedar

If the sync you are expecting is with the Mac, no. Once iCloud Drive has been turned on, turning it off will NOT revert you back to the former version of iCloud. and basically, other than waiting for Yosemite to be released, there isn't anything you can do. If you have iCloud Drive turned on for two iOS devices, it will work between them, but not with the Mac.

Sep 30, 2014 4:30 PM in response to PBishop79

We are still experiencing this issue syncing between our 4 iPad 2's. We are unable to upload files to the cloud from the iPad's and they cannot read any files that are uploaded through the web browser version the Cloud. Pretty frustrated at this point.. We have even had Apple replace 2 of the iPads for a separate issue due to connectivity with Verizon's WiFi, yet still nothing...

iCloud, Numbers on iPad2 syncing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.