Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paper app notifications problem

I had the Paper app made by Facebook that's instead of the Facebook app, and it won't allow me to get push notifications from Facebook on this app. I even uninstalled and reinstaled

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 2:47 PM

8 replies

Sep 24, 2014 11:27 PM in response to Kimmy Aziz

Same problem. The Paper app doesn't show up in the iPhone's Settings under 'Notifications' so I cannot enable the push notifications for it. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

In the Paper settings, it informs me I cannot route facebook notifications to the app until I've allowed it to send me push notifications, which I cannot do.

iPhone 6, iOS8

Sep 28, 2014 4:18 PM in response to Kimmy Aziz

Hey Kimmy,

I had this problem; I am currently running iOS 8.02, with Paper v. 1.2.3 all running on iPhone 5. I had a stuck badge on my paper app, and it would not clear, or update or anything. After several attempts of uninstalling it and re-installing it still had the problem with the badge not changing or going away. Through the process of turning off the notifications, i realized that it was not even showing up in my notifications center on the iPhone. So... I tried one last thing, I went to notification center and I disable notifications for any Facebook related app. (i.e. Facebook, Messenger) then I did a hard reset on the phone by holding the power and home button till the screen went blank, then the apple logo appeared as the phone was starting up. (Let go of the buttons as soon as you see the apple logo appear). After the phone was up in running I went in to the notification center and went back to apps I had disabled and re enabled them. Then I re-opened the paper app, and navigated to where you can decide if you want Facebook Push Notifications for the paper app slid the switch over and it asked me I wanted to allow Notifications, I clicked ok. Then it asked me if I wanted the paper app to allow notifications, I clicked allow. Then I went back to notification center and it appeared in list. The badge was gone, paper was there, and all was right again.

This is what worked for me. Let me know if it works for you.

May 30, 2015 7:07 AM in response to Kimmy Aziz

Not sure if you ended up solving this. This should fix it:

1. In the Paper app, swipe down and tap Settings

2. Turn on Facebook Push Notifications

3. Tap Ok when the Please Allow Notifications message appears

4. Press the home button on your iPhone and tap Settings and then Paper. It should not be blank any more

Hope this fixed your issue

Paper app notifications problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.