Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flixster not working through AirPlay to my Apple TV

Hi

hoping someone can help me with this. I have just bought an Apple TV with the primary reason to watch my Flixster collection on my living room TV. Having connected everything up and check the Apple TV is working by starting an itunes film I went to watch a Flixster film. When I selected AirPlay I just get the sound and not the picture. I tried selecting mirroring and the app told me it cannot stream to and external device or something.

i have tried searching for a solution but nothing seems to work. Apple TV has AirPlay switched on and is up to date, Flixster is up to date and my iPad 3 is running IOS 8 quite happily.

Please can someone help me because I'd hate to think I have wasted £80 on an Apple TV.

Thanks

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 1:28 PM

6 replies

Sep 25, 2014 2:46 PM in response to Grippy76

Hey there Grippy76,

It sounds like you are unable to see any video on your Apple TV from your computer while watching these movies. I recommend the troubleshooting in the following article to help you get that resolved if it is an issue with Airplay itself rather than Flixster:

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting video issues

Your TV picture is completely black or has other quality issues such as static or blurry video

1. Confirm the settings and configuration of your television.
    • Check to verify that your TV's video input matches the HDMI connection.
    • Refer to the manufacturer's user guide for assistance with changing your TV input or picture mode.
    • Verify that your television meets the Apple TV minimum resolution requirements.
  2. Verify that the Apple TV's power cable and the HDMI cables are securely connected.
    • When connecting to power, observe the front LED on your Apple TV for activity. If no light is visible, try a different power outlet or power strip.
    • Connect the Apple TV directly to your television, bypassing any home theater receivers, splitters, repeaters, or switches temporarily.
    • Inspect all cables for any kinks, tears, or other evidence of damage.
    • Verify that the HDMI cable being used with your Apple TV is a bidirectional cable. Although rare, single-direction HDMI cables do exist. If unsure, try flipping the connection between your Apple TV and television.
    • If all else fails, try a different HDMI cable.
  3. Change the Apple TV resolution:
    • Press and hold the Menu and Up button on your Apple Remote for six seconds.
    • The Apple TV will automatically cycle to the next resolution at approximately 20 second intervals.
    • Press Play on the Apple Remote to keep the current resolution or Select to manually cycle to the next resolution.
  4. Reboot your Apple TV by holding down the Menu and Down button on the Apple Remote for six seconds. Allow the Apple TV a few minutes to restart.

Note: If the Apple TV video functions correctly after bypassing a receiver, switch, or repeater, please refer to the accessory manufacturer's user guide for additional support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Oct 1, 2014 12:29 AM in response to Grippy76

Needless to say the apple response didn't work...I have since received this response from Flixster:

Thank you for reporting this issue. We will investigate the problem, and resolve it as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that due to licensing agreements, titles distributed by Fox, like Taken 2, are not supported for playback on Apple TV through Flixster at this time. However, we're looking into what is preventing playback for the other content you have mentioned.

I will update the post of I receive a response

Flixster not working through AirPlay to my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.