Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing folder

I have lost one of several important folders in Aperture 3.5.1. I have a current TimeMachine backup. How to I locate the missing folder?? I'm an architect and the missing folder contains 20+ years (about 17,000 images) of photos of my projects organized by project. All of the photos still appear in the library but the 30 albums which were inside of the lost folder are missing. It's possible that I trashed the folder - I have no idea what happened. Thank you!!!

Message was edited by: David Trachtenberg

Message was edited by: David Trachtenberg

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9), no

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 1:53 PM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2014 11:23 AM in response to David Trachtenberg

Just to be clear your are talking about folders in the Aperture library, that show up in the Library tab of the Inspector not folders that appear in the Finder, correct?

If so first make sure you have a backup of the library as it is currently. Then try running a library repair and if the problem still is there a library rebuild. If the cause of the problem was related to the operation of Aperture this might restore the folders. (see Aperture 3: Troubleshooting basics for details)

If that does not fix the problem you will need to restore from your TM backup. To restore even a part of an Aperture library from TM you need to restore the whole library then either use the restored library in place of the current (easiest way) or remove bits from the restored library and merge them into the current library (somewhat more difficult)

Try the fixes and see if that helps. If not after you restore the TM library, if you decide you do not want to use that in place of the current post back and we can go through the steps needed.

regards

Sep 25, 2014 3:37 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hello Frank,

Thank you so much for your response.

The missing folder is an indeed an Aperture Folder. I have tried using all of the library repair options you have suggested to no avail.

From you4 post I take it that my only remaining option is to restore the entire Aperture photo library from the TM backup. Hopefully all of the metadata will be in tact.

I have restored the occasional missing or corrupted document from my TM backup but am not sure what or where the photo library will be found in the TM backup. I believe that Aperture shares the iPhoto library so I am guessing I will be restoring the file called: username/pictures/iPhoto Library. But if you can illuminate me I'll be most grateful.

Thank you Frank!

Missing folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.