Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photo stream is not showing up on my new iPhone 6...any ideas???

I have plugged my phone into my computer, and I have even increased my iCloud storage. My photo stream is not showing up on my phone. I need help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 5:56 AM

There is no longer an "My Photo Stream" album in iOS8. You will see the My Photo Stream photos in the "Recently Added" album in the Album tab.

See: Get help finding your Photos in iOS 8

If you enabled "iCloud Photo Library Beta" on your iPhone, "My Photo Stream" will no longer stream from your Mac to the iPhone.

A Warning: Syncing Photos with iTunes to iOS 8 ... | Apple Support Communities

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2014 5:56 AM in response to jfried727

There is no longer an "My Photo Stream" album in iOS8. You will see the My Photo Stream photos in the "Recently Added" album in the Album tab.

See: Get help finding your Photos in iOS 8

If you enabled "iCloud Photo Library Beta" on your iPhone, "My Photo Stream" will no longer stream from your Mac to the iPhone.

A Warning: Syncing Photos with iTunes to iOS 8 ... | Apple Support Communities

Sep 24, 2014 10:18 AM in response to jfried727

Your photos are still on your phone. With iOS 8 there is no My Photo Stream or Camera Roll any more. The MPS has been replaced with the Recent Activity album.

The CR is replaced by the Collections mode. The closest we can get to the Camera Roll is to turn off the Summarize Photos feature in the Settings/Photos & Camera pane and view the photos in the Collections/Moments window. 😟

User uploaded file

The photos will be in chronological order when scrolled up from the bottom of the window.

User uploaded file

The Recent Activity album is showing the photos added in the last 30 days going back to 8/20 (today being 9/18). In iPhoto on a Mac the My Photo Stream is showing more like 31 days, 8/19 to today, 8/20. It must be how the two devices calculate the last 30 days.

WARNING: If you use iTunes to sync photos between your iPhone or iPad and your Mac do not activate the iCloud Drive. Doing so will kill the capability of using iTunes to sync with your mobile device and disable Documents & Data syncing for your iCloud account on OS X Mavericks and earlier Macs, as well as iOS 7 and earlier devices.

User uploaded file

Sep 24, 2014 10:24 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for the information. It still isn't showing up. I feel like I've tried everything and my settings are the way the person at the apple store told me to make them. I don't get it.

I have a MacBook Air and I used iTunes to back it up. Everything else came to my phone but I have 50 photos on my phone, all of which I have taken since setting up the new phone, none of which were from my photo stream. But they are uploading to my photo stream on my computer when I am connected to wi-fi. I'm so lost.

Sep 24, 2014 11:05 AM in response to jfried727

Are older Photo Stream photos missing, or or are new photos uploaded from your Mac not appearing on your iPhone?

I have a MacBook Air and I used iTunes to back it up. Everything else came to my phone but I have 50 photos on my phone, all of which I have taken since setting up the new phone, none of which were from my photo stream. But they are uploading to my photo stream on my computer when I am connected to wi-fi. I'm so lost.

The iTunes backup does not hold the Photo Stream. The Photo Stream is backed up in iCloud.

When you connect a new iPhone, it will download what is currently stored iCloud, at most the photos uploaded during the last month. Your Mac may still be seeing older photos that are stored locally. But "My Photo Stream" will not be holding the photos you uploaded months ago in iCloud.

Sep 24, 2014 12:11 PM in response to léonie

Hhhmmmm, so because it's a new phone that was just set up I will not see the rest of the 1,000 photos that were part of the photo stream? But new photos I take will upload to the photo stream on my mac when I am connected to wi-fi, do I have that correct? And there is no "my photo stream" on the iphone anymore it's all just in recently added, correct? So basically I'm starting over unless I manually put certain events, faces, or places on my phone from my mac?

Sorry, just trying to keep this all straight. Thank you for all the help!

Nov 10, 2014 3:34 PM in response to jfried727

i had the same issue with my new iphone 6 but i got them on there by first turning on icloud photo library on my old phone under the icloud settings. let the photos upload to the icloud off the old device. Then when it was done i turned it on on my new iphone 6 and it downloaded the photos that were not on my phone 😎. hope this helps or works for you as well. 😉

Feb 13, 2015 8:34 AM in response to jfried727

Me too. I recently switched back to Apple, with an iPhone 6+, hoping that they would have done something noteworthy to live up to hype that they pump out. Unfortunately, they're only blowing sunshine up your___. You cant actually get your photos as easily as they say. I had to airdrop mine. All most 1,000.

I'm guessing the really intelligent designers knows more about what we need than we do. Figures, no photo stream. The two most important things I have on my phone: my contacts and my photos. Apple will let you have one. The other comes with a price! Oh you can get them alright, just not easily. If you have a degree in computer science with APPLE/MAC emphasis I'm sure its a piece of cake. But for the rest of us... I just remembered why I got rid of my last iPhone.

Feb 16, 2015 7:11 AM in response to jfried727

Here's what I did to make My Photo Stream reappear. The behaviour is strange, so I'm guessing it's a bug! Anyway, I went into Photos & Camera settings, then disabled iCloud Photo Library (Beta) and Summarise Photos, and then switched My Photo Stream Off and back on again. That last point is important, as the album only reappeared (and began downloading my photos) after I switched it off, then on again.

EDIT: Actually, the Summarise Photos option has nothing to do with this. I believe it only affects the Photos tab (http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/ios-7-the-summarize-photos-feature). I reenabled it and my Photo Stream is still there and downloading...

Feb 16, 2015 9:47 AM in response to timwjohn

The behaviour is strange, so I'm guessing it's a bug! Anyway, I went into Photos & Camera settings, then disabled iCloud Photo Library (Beta) and Summarise Photos, and then switched My Photo Stream Off and back on again.

No, it's not a bug. That's how it's was designed to work but I won't debate the good or bad on that. When Photos is released later this spring for the Mac sharing with the iCloud Photo Library will replace shared photo streams, etc. So your solution is the way to get back the My Photo Stream and shared photos streams on the iPhone.

Apr 2, 2015 3:34 PM in response to timwjohn

Thanks…this did finally help me. When switching off Photo Stream it does warn that will delete photos so the first time I didn't do it. They thought, what the heck I only have 100 photos on my phone and they are located on the Mac, so might as well try it.

So, turned it all off, turned it back on, and the Photo Stream loaded back up again FINALLY! I have been searching for an answer all day. Thanks for this info. Worked like a charm!

My photo stream is not showing up on my new iPhone 6...any ideas???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.