Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having connected my new iPhone 6 to itunes and setting it up as normal... i transferred music to it as normal but when i open the music app and select a playlist it has a download cloud next to each track...

After connecting my new iPhone 6 to iTunes, i transferred my music as i always have done. After opening the music app and selecting a playlist there is a download cloud next to each track... this is also the case with each podcast. Also once i reconnect the phone to iTunes go to add another playlist, at the top the "sync music" check tick has disappeared. when i re check that box again it says "Do you want to sync this iPhone all data will be erased"

can anyone help at all?

Thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 3:39 PM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2014 7:05 AM in response to henryscott3

Hello henryscott3,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post it appears that you either have iTunes Match on your iPhone, or are seeing items that are available in iTunes in the Cloud and not on your device. To learn more about both of these features, please see the articles below.

iTunes Store: Subscribing to iTunes Match

iCloud: Content everywhere

Take care,

Alex H.

Having connected my new iPhone 6 to itunes and setting it up as normal... i transferred music to it as normal but when i open the music app and select a playlist it has a download cloud next to each track...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.