Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to deactivate Auto lock in iOS 8?

EVERY time i want to use my iPhone 5 iOS 8 i have to enter my passcode! Auto Lock = NEVER does not have any effect! What can i do? PLEEAAASE HELP!!

iPhone 5, iOS 8, 32GB

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 7:06 AM

Hello, MaxsDad.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

There could be two reason for this behavior and I will do my best to help. Try turning off Passcode off by going to Settings > Passcode > enter passcode > Turn Passcode Off. If this feature is unable to be disabled, check out the attached section below.

Can’t turn off your passcode or change passcode settings?

If you can't turn off or change your passcode settings or these settings are grey or dimmed out, you might be:

• Using Touch ID, which requires a passcode.
  • Using a configuration profile that requires a passcode. This is common with business or education devices. Contact your IT administrator for more information.

iOS passcodes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4113

Cheers,

Jason H.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2014 7:06 AM in response to MaxsDad

Hello, MaxsDad.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

There could be two reason for this behavior and I will do my best to help. Try turning off Passcode off by going to Settings > Passcode > enter passcode > Turn Passcode Off. If this feature is unable to be disabled, check out the attached section below.

Can’t turn off your passcode or change passcode settings?

If you can't turn off or change your passcode settings or these settings are grey or dimmed out, you might be:

• Using Touch ID, which requires a passcode.
  • Using a configuration profile that requires a passcode. This is common with business or education devices. Contact your IT administrator for more information.

iOS passcodes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4113

Cheers,

Jason H.

Sep 26, 2014 10:06 AM in response to jason269

Does this Touch ID feature always auto lock immediately regardless of anything? I had this issue, I just now posted a discussion about the passcode turn-off resetting iPhone 6 voice mail and Apple ID, I made the mistake of turning auto lock off to try and have the iPhone 6 allow 1-3 minutes between auto locking while I'm in conversations, etcetera. By doing so, the voice mail and Apple ID issues occurred. I guess this is a feature that only allows "Immediate"? If there is one thing to request about this, it's to have an option to set auto lock in control center? Anyway, I'd love to be able to use both Touch ID and an extended duration for auto locking on iPhone 6.

Mar 9, 2016 8:31 AM in response to jason269

HELP REQUIRED.

I have an iPhone 5C bought for personal use not business wit no touch ID obviously. I want to use my iphone as a cycle computer and don't want to continiously have to unlock of wake the phone up especially when wearing gloves.

I want to turn the passcode off but this option is greyed out. Also frustratingly the auto lock option doesn't include a don't autolock only time options!!

Surely we should have the choice to leave our phones unlocked. I don't understand why apple don't allow this.

Please help as I don't have an IT administrator and don't know how to change a configuration profile.

how to deactivate Auto lock in iOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.