Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change default / global icon size and spacing in Mavericks?

Hi there. I'm noticing that all my various folders have all sorts of different icon size / spacing settings. I'd like to default it somehow. I tried going to root > view options > changing my settings > set as default, but unfortunately none of the directories seem to change; they all remain at the previous settings. Is there a way to default the global icon / space settings in Mavericks? Do I need to delete all the ds_stores? Any pointers?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 16 MB option

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 5:26 PM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2014 7:56 AM in response to noiseordinance

Hi noiseordinance,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds to me that you have folders on your desktop that have names that have different text size and spacing. You can customize these items to make them conform. Please use the information in the attached article for how to do so.

Mac Basics: Desktop

Customize your desktop

User uploaded file

You can change the size of icons, arrange them in a grid, and set other preferences for items on your desktop by changing the view options on your desktop. To change your desktop view options, click the desktop, and then choose View > Show View Options from menu bar. You can try the different settings to see which ones you like—you will immediately see the effects of your changes.

Have a great day,

Joe

How to change default / global icon size and spacing in Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.