Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages documents disappeared

Last night I could access all of my pages documents. This morning they disappeared! icloud drive is on, and pages has the icloud setting on. Where did all my documents go and how do I get them back? I tried downloading icloud for PC, signing into icloud online, and still the documents are missing. The documents are gone on my iPhone and iPad.

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 6:02 PM

31 replies

Jul 6, 2017 4:33 PM in response to baygirl67

I just learned from Apple Tech support that iPages may be totally unreliable unless you diligently backup your iPad device regularly. Devastating news since I just lost over 5 years of personal journals. I instantly deleted all instances of iPages from all my Apple devices. I have never lost such enormous amounts of data on the PC. I wrongly assumed that Apple was the most secure device on the planet and didn't even need a backup because everything was automatically uploaded to the cloud. I thought backups on a device like this was just a convenience or personal luxury. I was soundly flagellated for my naivete.

Jul 23, 2017 7:13 PM in response to baygirl67

I did not expect that i would lose all my Pages docs on my iPad 2 air after purchasing a new iMac. I could not believe that they all my important docs disappeared from just

buying a new Mac. I didn't even instruct the Mac to take control of my iPad and delete my files. So feeling angry doesn't even come close to how I feel but I believe the problem is iCloud. It demands you join up each time and wants to take control but I do not trust the cloud. So, the million dollar question, can I retrieve my lost files?

regards

Simon

Aug 20, 2017 4:27 AM in response to baygirl67

I don't know a fix ... but I wanted to join in the cadre of frustrated iPad owners who are inexplicably losing files. In my case (so far), I've witnessed my gmail files blinking out of existence: I have opened up a Mailbox (e.g., Tax Stuff) and seen the list of files stored there ... for about 1 or 2 seconds ... then those file names just disappear ... and the "No Mail" notice is all that's left. WHERE DID MY FILES GO?? HOW CAN I GET THEM BACK?? These are critically important files that I really NEED!

Sep 25, 2014 7:46 AM in response to baygirl67

Same thing happened to me--Yesterday (Sept 24th), all files in Numbers, Pages, and Keynote disappeared from iCloud.

I called apple and tech support was pretty much useless.

Fortunately, my iPAD stopped syncing because ran out of battery 5 days ago and some of the files are still there, but there are not uploading to iCloud.

Don't trust iCloud now!

Sep 26, 2014 3:43 PM in response to baygirl67

Exactly the same happened to me, very frustrating!

I updated to the drive 2 days ago and things were fine and I was happily working away on my documents. Then this morning everything gone, term papers, personal documents, EVERYTHING! All my college assignments are gone ;(

Guess it's the 21 century version of "the dog ate my home work!"

I logged a call back with Apple Customer Support so I'll let you all know what they say. I hope its just a glitch with the new icloud/idrive thingy and all will be well soon.

Finger crossed!

Sep 27, 2014 7:28 PM in response to baygirl67

Same problem here! I updated to iCloud Drive because I had shared a file earlier with a friend and she couldn't open it otherwise. While I was editing it, I suddenly received a notification that it had been deleted in another location. My friend couldn't open the document from the link, and all my files on all my devices and on iCloud had been deleted! We had been working for so long and had something really hooking and good, too!

I talked to the people at the nearest apple store because I really needed the document, and they told me that when I upgraded to drive, the old documents should be on the normal iCloud because that and Drive are two very different things. However, I tried to get the documents from other devices that hadn't switched to drive yet. That didn't work. Dang.

I am using a Windows, so I can't do anything with Time machine or ~/library/ or anything. Sheesh.

Pages documents disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.