Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is yahoo messenger for iphone not working?

I am not able to log in to yahoo messenger. I had the problem for several months on my iPhone 4S and now on my iPhone 5S I'm experiencing the identical problem. I am using ios 8.0. I get a message "Sign in problem, Unable to login right now, please try again later." I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. I have no problem logging onto PC yahoo messenger version. The ap looks like it will log on when I first access it and then it fails to that error message. The rating for yahoo messenger in the ap store is terrible so I suspect this is a systemic problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 6:39 PM

17 replies

Aug 9, 2015 10:30 AM in response to diesel vdub

NO More Yahoo messenger for Apple I use to use yahoo messenger on my IPhone 4 after I upgrade to IPhone 6 I try to download yahoo messenger there is NO yahoo messenger for IPhone or Apple there is Beejive YIM but Not working my friends has other cellphones they all able to use yahoo messenger Apple is making every think difficult

every one has to complain to Apple . not to yahoo , Yahoo messenger works in other phones

Aug 9, 2015 2:31 PM in response to lovemytaho

Feel free to complain to Apple all you like, just understand that it's a waste of time.

Apple can only make available apps that are provided by the app developers. The Yahoo Messenger app is no longer in the app store because Yahoo pulled the app.

Since you had it previously, it is still available in your list of previously purchased apps, simply install it on the new device.

If you really want to see the app updated and put back in the app store, only complaints to Yahoo have a chance of making that happen.

Aug 13, 2015 8:06 PM in response to diesel vdub

Wow. I thought it was just me. OK so no yahoo messenger app at all for iPhones? Now this makes sense. I do get messages via text on my phone, through messenger. But when I respond, the other person does not receive it AND those messages are nowhere to be found when I log in to Messenger pin my laptop. Any ideas if/how I can respond on my phone and how i could see those conversations on my laptop? TIA!

Why is yahoo messenger for iphone not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.